Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Above Ground Automatic Pool Vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Above Ground Automatic Pool Vacuum?

I need advice before purchasing a pool vacuum. What is the best model and value?
    24 ft. round ABG-vinyl-15200 gallon
    Sand Filter w/1 1/2 HP pump
    Installed May 2011
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Re: Best Above Ground Automatic Pool Vacuum?

Not sure if it plays well in an AG pool...I'm pretty happy with my polaris380. You may want to consider robots as well.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Chicago burbs

Re: Best Above Ground Automatic Pool Vacuum?

We have had an Aquabot Hornet (purchased at American Sales) for ~2yrs. Same as the Rover Jr.
    Seems to do an adequate job, especially with the 'larger' things (leaves, bugs). Sometimes will get stuck near the steps and need a quick tug to get it moving.
    I still have to manually vacuum at least every other week but, the robot is nice for those times when a big storm will put a heavier amount of debris in the pool.

Best of luck in finding what works well for you.

8500 gal. (15'x24') Zodiac AG, Hayward Perflex DE filter system w/ 1 hp pump,
    Nature2 sanitizer, Rheem105K BTU NG Heater
    TF-100 + Oakton pHTestr 30