Jandy aqualink RS not turning off

Jul 2, 2012
Cupertino,CA
Hi Folks,
Mike here.
I have a pool/spa that is controlled by a Jandy Aqualink RS, with a PDA.
Something malfunctioned today. The filter came-on at the scheduled time, but never turned off.
When I realized that it was still running, I tried to turn it off myself.
With the PDA set to "pool filter off", the pump still runs.
When I go to the control panel and change the setting to "service" (which should turn everything off) the pump still runs.
The only way that I can stop the pump is by turning off the main breaker.

As I said, the PDA thinks that the pump is off. If I turn it "on" it activates the valve. If I turn it back "off" it closes the valve, but the motor still runs.

Does this sound like a control panel issue, or is there something on the actual motor that can fail to receive a signal from the panel??

Of course this happens during a Holiday weekend. :(
Thanks in advance.

Mike

That sounds like a stuck relay. Sometimes the power relays get stuck in one position or the other. What that happens they need to be replaced. The relays can be individually replaced. To confirm that this is the problem, switch the pump on off while standing next to the main controller. You should hear a definite click. If you don't hear the click, the relay has gotten stuck in the on position.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.