Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rope on intex

1. Back To Top    #1

Rope on intex

Just setup my intex 22x52 ultra frame and there is no rope or loops for one ? Should there be one ? I know they instructions say optional but the picture shows it in place even the video shows it ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rope on intex

Look through some older threads where this has been discussed. I had the same qualms about the newer UF without a rope, so I strung four tie-down straps about the legs just above the feet and tightened the whole thing up.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by CeeElGee View Post
    Look through some older threads where this has been discussed. I had the same qualms about the newer UF without a rope, so I strung four tie-down straps about the legs just above the feet and tightened the whole thing up.
    Thank you for the response ! I found a few post with some info about it . Did you put the straps on before or after you filled the pool ?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Joedirt34 View Post
    Thank you for the response ! I found a few post with some info about it . Did you put the straps on before or after you filled the pool ?
    After, I think. If you've already filled and the legs are still fairly plumb but you're concerned about them moving out later, you could still do something like this. As kids splash water around and the legs try to kick out, keep checking for tightness.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!