How much salt is too much

Thanks, the pool company wanted me to take about 6 inches of water out and I asked why not ride it out they replied it was hard on the SWG, skimmer and a couple of other parts. This pool thing is really confusing lol. But you guys are making it somewhat easier a BIG THANKS eh

As Jason said, it is fine. I started mine out that high this year.

It seems that pool stores tend make things more confusing than they should be due to their inaccurate information and recommendations.

I am becoming a true believer in my own testing.....I have watched them at the pool store, they go so fast when performing the tests its hard to keep up. I caught them fudging the test numbers or a mistake once when I was having my own test results compared. I would ask what the results were from each test and write it down as they entered them in the computer for printing out. One particular test result was higher on the print out than what I was told. I showed the guy and the look on his face said it all.
If I had not been reading pool school and using pool math, I would have been buying needless supplies.
The real question should be: why do you trust the pool store test?

I am becoming a true believer in my own testing.....I have watched them at the pool store, they go so fast when performing the tests its hard to keep up. I caught them fudging the test numbers or a mistake once when I was having my own test results compared. I would ask what the results were from each test and write it down as they entered them in the computer for printing out. One particular test result was higher on the print out than what I was told. I showed the guy and the look on his face said it all.
If I had not been reading pool school and using pool math, I would have been buying needless supplies.
He may have just been using pool store shorthand.

99 on CYA means "Off the scale."
300 on CH means "Stopped testing at that point."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.