So, I've completed my adventure of converting from the dark side to clean, clear BBB. No SWG, just use plain 'ol "pool chlorine" (the HASA 12.5% stuff in returnable jugs), test every day and swim to my hearts content
I know that sodium hypochlorite (we know it as "bleach") is actually a by-product and/or desired product of a reaction of chlorine (Cl) and sodium hydroxide (NaOH) - I worked in a caustic/chlorine plant once a few careers ago.... The basic raw material of this process is salt and there is a small amount of residual salt in the sodium hypochlorite. I've not looked on the MSDS to see if they list it, but it's got to be fairly low.
I know I've added probably close to 200 gal of bleach this year, but find it hard to believe I can actually taste the salt. I don't find it offensive, just surprising.
Anyone else with a similar experience??