Pentair intellichlor shows 2100, actual level is 3400

May 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I removed my swg when I had my pool re plastered about 45 days ago..
After 30 days passed, I set the water chemistry, I replaced the dummy cell with the unit, and added salt. ( small I ground, 6475 gals ) .. The unit showed 7800ppm... Obviously wrong.
I turned it off for 45 minute at the breaker then back on.. Showed 2100 ppm.
The manual test showed 3200 .

Today, I cleaned the unit just in case, and it still shows low salt at 2100
(On the easy touch remote )
I added a little more salt, about 3400 ppm, no change.
I've read countless posts and talks to the pool store people, and seem to be running
Out of options.
Help !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 42
Somewhere in the EasyTouch menus there is a way to get an instant salt reading, instead of the running average reading it normally displays. See what that says.

Also, how old is the cell? When a cell is about to wear out it will often show a lower than actual salt level.

Somewhere in the EasyTouch menus there is a way to get an instant salt reading, instead of the running average reading it normally displays. See what that says.

Also, how old is the cell? When a cell is about to wear out it will often show a lower than actual salt level.

It's only 3 years old.
My other concern despite the reading, if it thinks the salt level is too low, it won't work.
I'm trying to push the system right now and put it on super chlorinate mode.

The two things that tend to make it read low are calcium scaling on the cell plates, or the cell wearing out. There is also the possibility that it can read completely wrong for up to 24 hours if it has been turned off for some time, but that should be ruled out by now.

Try doing a visual inspection of the cell plates. If you see any white chalky buildup the unit should be cleaned (described in their manual), and that is almost certainly the issue. Otherwise, the cell might be wearing out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.