Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Cleaner for $800 - $1000

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Cleaner for $800 - $1000

Okay, I am finally in the market for a cleaner for my pool. I have an in ground vinyl approximately 25K gallons. I do not have a dedicated pressure line nor a booster pump.

What is the best cleaner between $800 - $1000 or even less than that or maybe a little more? I don't get a lot of heavy debris in the pool mostly small needles from trees along the back of the property.

I am open to your opinions!

Thanks and God bless!

Matthew
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Best Cleaner for $800 - $1000

It appears your easiest options are suction side or robot.
    On suction side "the pool cleaner" is loved by many. Robots....I dunno. I am planning on buying one. B/c a friend has it and loves it. (Almost in a creepy way) HA. The model he has runs more like 1500.00
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine recommendaions are:
    1. Dolphin Nautilus - I have one. Fantastic cleaner. It is exactly the same cleaner as the Dolphin Triton except without the float handle. Even without the float handle, the nautilus does scrub the waterline to a large extent.
    2. Dolphin Triton - Is the same as the Natuilus and the FLoat Handle allowes it to truly scrub the waterline

I am sure there are other great cleaners out there, but I have no personal experience with them. Im sure some other folks may chip in with thier thoughts.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have done a lot of reading over the past several months and came across the Nautilus last night. It had really good reviews and good things said about it on TFP too. I ended up ordering it last night.

Glad to hear you like yours! Should get mine by the end of the week!!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I repair pool cleaners and the Maytronics Dolphins are almost universally beloved by all my customers. I've had one person who hated theirs out of probably 150 or so.

6. Back To Top    #6

So, how do you like your Nautilus?

Quote Originally Posted by SPKNout4CHRIST View Post
    I have done a lot of reading over the past several months and came across the Nautilus last night. It had really good reviews and good things said about it on TFP too. I ended up ordering it last night.

Glad to hear you like yours! Should get mine by the end of the week!!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

After doing a ton of research. The Dolphin Triton was one I was strongly considering, but I went a little more expensive.
    Russell,

IG 11K gemstone freeform w/ waterfalls, Jandy 2HP ePump, CL460 Cartridge Filter, 400K Legacy Heater, Nicheless LEDs, AquaPure SWG, Aqualink, Dolphin Z5, TF-100.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just bought the Dolphin Nautilus after doing bunches of research. Found it for $700 with $50 mail in rebate. BTW if u buy it online you forfeit the 1 yr warranty.

9. Back To Top    #9

Got mine at Epicpoolsupply and have the warranty through Epic. The void warranty thing is real, but there are some exceptions, depending on who you buy it from. So Im Told.

Epic is a HUGE dealer for maytronics and they have a deal to keep the warranty for their online sales. I didnt know this when I was shopping. I had another question so I called Epic, and a guy told me about the warranty thing. Not that the warranty would have deterred me from buying, it wouldnt have. I guess I just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx123456 View Post
    Just bought the Dolphin Nautilus after doing bunches of research. Found it for $700 with $50 mail in rebate. BTW if u buy it online you forfeit the 1 yr warranty.
    Divin Dave,

10. Back To Top    #10

I think Epic warranties all Dolphin stuff.
    Russell,

IG 11K gemstone freeform w/ waterfalls, Jandy 2HP ePump, CL460 Cartridge Filter, 400K Legacy Heater, Nicheless LEDs, AquaPure SWG, Aqualink, Dolphin Z5, TF-100.

11. Back To Top    #11

It seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
    I think Epic warranties all Dolphin stuff.
    Divin Dave,

12. Back To Top    #12

Many rave about the Aquabot 4WD. This was the other contender for me.
    Russell,