Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking For Laars Exhaust Fan Part#R0329800

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking For Laars Exhaust Fan Part#R0329800

I'm looking for just the fan to a LAARS LT400. The part# for the whole assembly is R0329800. My motor & cap work fine but, my fan finally rusted through. Anybody have just the fan they want to part with?

Figured I'd ask before I throw down the ~$375.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Looking For Laars Exhaust Fan Part#R0329800

Were you able to actually remove the squirrel cage from the shaft? Many of these aren't removable.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

I didn't try that! When the blower turned on and started throwing out chucks of metal and making a horrible racket, I quickly turned the unit off. I then just stuck my hand down the exhaust and felt the squirrel cage was trashed. I'll investigate further today.

Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4

UPDATE: The squirrel cage blower fan does seem to be removable via the typical set screw. However, it is a bit rusted. I've had some luck drilling it out. I also found a place on the internet that fabricates and sells custom squirrel cage blower fans (w/o the motor). The average price is about $60 which is way less than the $375 for the whole unit!