Fixing Return Outlet Leak without Draining Pool

Any tricks of the trade for replacing a return outlet without draining the pool? Read about a 'bucket method' - cut a hole in a bucket, put some weather stripping around it and put it over the outlet. Two man job for sure. Any suggestions or input?

Thx

Hi... I'm wondering if you tried the bucket method and how it worked? I just filled my 15 x 30 oval above ground pool and noticed that the return outlet has a structural issue on the outside of the pool wall. I purchased the pool used, so I'm gathering the fitting may have gotten stressed from use. My pool installer didn't see anything wrong with the fitting... It's only after completely filling that it was noticeable. The leak is quite slow, but would like to address it anyway, since the part is not expensive. I'm hoping that someone on this forum may have pictures of their contraption as a guide on how to do it. My main concern is water getting between the pool wall and liner... Which also has a foam sheet between the two. Would hate to drain hundreds of gallons for this repair. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.