Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC and swimming

1. Back To Top    #1

FC and swimming

I am sure that this question has been asked before but with the holiday weekend in full swing I wanted to make sure as I am entertaining guests this afternoon
    :
    What are the safe levels of FC to swim? If not a safety issue....what would be okay for swimmer comfort without bleaching a suit.

Test Results:

FC 9.5
    pH 7.6
    CC 0
    Alk 130
    CYA 60
    12,000 gal Octagon vinyl in-ground pool. Hayward S220 sand filter 3/4 hp pump, heat pump heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC and swimming

Generally, anything above the minimum and under SLAM level. With CYA of 60, that is between 5 & 24.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

FC and swimming

Everything there looks good. Get wet !
    You can swim in FC levels up to SLAM level as long as you can see the bottom of the pool. SLAM level for your CYA level of 60 is 24. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the responses folks! Kids are anxiously waiting for the "go, no go"
    12,000 gal Octagon vinyl in-ground pool. Hayward S220 sand filter 3/4 hp pump, heat pump heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Jumped on in the pool. Everything seems fine except the slimy feeling of the water on my skin. Could it be the sunscreen, high TA? any thoughts?

6. Back To Top    #6

Could be the sunscreen. Nothing in your test results points to anything. I have never heard of high TA causing a slimy feeling on the skin. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.