Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair WF 28 C wiring problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair WF 28 C wiring problem

I have a Pentair WF 28 C 2.0 HP. Had some work done on the motor, now have to reconnect it to the system. Thought I could remember where 3 little wires go too, but no, so I could use a little help please. From the wiring diagram it looks like it is wired for high voltage, (white wire is on B, Brown wire on A). The 3 wires that need to be connected are a green (know where that goes) a red and orange wire. Diagram doesn't state where the red (assuming that's the hot wire) goes or the orange wire. I have attached the all the pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair WF 28 C wiring problem

The two power wires connect to the two central connectors, neither of which has any wires going to it in the photo. They should be labeled L1 and L2.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The three wires that I have to choice from, are green (know where that goes) red and orange (attached photo) does the read go to L2? thanksphoto (3).JPG

4. Back To Top    #4

Green goes to the ground terminal on the chassis.

The other two connect to L1 and L2 (in either order).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Great thanks. This has saved me soooo much time...you are the best