LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi friends! We are prepping last year's new addition for her maiden staining, and my research has brought me here to ask my trusted chemical savvy peeps a few questions. We are cleaning our pressure treated pine with oxygen bleach, and I feel positive that someone here can guide me toward the most bang for my buck.
  • What is the most concentrated and pure form I can find? Oxyclean and similar brands have fillers that won't help my deck, and I think I would have to use so much that it won't pay to use the laundry-minded varieties. Plus I don't want any of the extra stuff to run off into the pool.
  • Where does one buy the stuff in bulk? I've seen The Chemistry Store recommended for a different process, but the cost for shipping ruins the deal.
Thanks for any insight. I can always just buy the stuff branded by the stain, but it is soooo costly, and is sold such that I would end up buying almost twice as much as I would need. $80+ for this simple chemistry MUST be robbery.

Last edited:
I may have found the answer to my own question. But in case it helps someone else, or in case a smart chemist is double checking me http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HEX7UP4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A33C639CLQOTMR 10 pounds for $26 with free shipping. Any thoughts on quantity? We are cleaning 1000 sf of grayed pressure treated pine and about 70' of railing (the horizontal top rail is really all that needs work, though--same graying). We have already ordered the brightener that will neutralize the wood after this process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.