Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leveling issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Leveling issues

Hello,
    Ok I have been trying to level my yard for a long time now about 3 weeks off and on.
    The question I have I have seen videos of people using the 2x4 hooked to a stake in the center of the circle.
    I have done this but then I try to use a cheap Laser level from harbor freight and it tells me I am still off but a inch or 2.
    I am wondering if maybe I am using the Laser level incorrectly. Do you need to start in the center of the circle and measure to the outer edge?
    Or do you measure from outside the circle and check different points with in the circle area?

Thanks any help would be great I have no clue on why I am off one minute and the next measurement it is correct.
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leveling issues

I'm not well versed on these levels but I watched the guy who did my pool and he set the laser on the first paver and his son held it while he went around with the other one setting the rest of the pavers. Once it was close, it would beep a solid sound if I remember correctly.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I just leveled mine using a laser. The laser I rented told me how far I was out, so I'm within .4 of an inch. The laser I rented was self leveling and it cost $40 for the day. Your probably just wasting time with your laser. Sell it and rent a good one!

One thing I did was use Styrofoam sheets under the pool last season. It really helped retain the heat instead of losing it through the ground. I threw the intex cover in the garbage and bought a quality (clear solar cover) along with a two cedar posts and a reel. This made a big difference and the reel made it much easier to put on and take off. Also bought the Eco saver solar panels and we hit a temperature of 89 degrees and we live in Canada near Seattle. I couldn't believe how warm the pool was! :O
    41x25x18 Humpback Haven
    Graduated from 16ft Intex

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Casey I just can't seem to get it right now sure why one minute it seems right the next it seems off.

I seen the videos of the 2x4 that seems to work for me and be correct but then I try it again and it is off just seems odd.
    I will try the paver to paver approach.
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.

5. Back To Top    #5

Matt I was think that same thing the other day I might just have to do that to get it correct.
    Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

Check out the discussion in this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ling-my-ground
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!