Last Year: NOOB Opened pool at new house for the first time. Broken AquaLight return was leaking. Waited 'til this year to fix.
1) The liner tore slightly around the return hole, so I patched it.
2) I cross cut the liner where the return hole is--as opposed to trying to cut a circle.
3) Replacing return with Hayward SP1023G w/ 1-inch eyelet.
The return has a double gasket
The above gasket fits the return hole fine, however when I try to install the gasket with the liner/patch pulled through the hole (as in picture 2) it does not fit properly.
1) am i right to assume I should be installing the gasket this way? It seems to make the most sense (even though it doesn't fit)?
2) should i install the gasket in the wall of the pool and pull the liner through that (does that defeat the purpose of the gasket)?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!