I had pounds of earth worms in my pool when I took off the cover. I fished as much out as I could see and I had an algae bloom.. So I hit it with shock at ~ 13 TC.
The algae was turning gray so I was happy. Then I got out my drop test kit (taylor) and the water turned pink but then went clear, so I figured I had no FC... When I added the reagent to find cc it just turned yellow. I added more , same result, I added more, I panicked and went to the store and got more bleach. about 18 bottles. I added and waited an hour then test, it turned pink for a second and then went clear. I thought I must have ammonia. I went to the store and bought 24 bottles and like a complete idiot I added them all and it turned pink and then went clear. Then I realized the test has an upper range and I probably over shot it somehow. Now I think I'm hyper chlorinated to the tun of something like 160 FC!!! I have a vinyl pool liner. I think I'm screwed.. I have a feeling this is going to add badly for me! It is a 25000 gallon pool. In all I must have added like 50 bottles of bleach. My stomach is sick.. I took 5 ml and then filled it with water from my well to 40 ml and it turn pink and held!!! OMG.. I put like 40 drops in before it turned clear again.. Here's my math... 10 ml .5 per drop 40 drops would = 20 5 diluted to 40 = 1/8 so 40 drops *8=320 *.5 =160
What should I do?