Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi everyone! Opening day ! Pulled back the tarp to see clear water! Thanks TFP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi everyone! Opening day ! Pulled back the tarp to see clear water! Thanks TFP!

16x32 I.G. Vinyl, Hayward Pro High-Rate Sand S220T, Vari-Flo XL Valve, Hayward Super Pump 1Hp , Great White cleaner, Hayward W530 Leaf Canister, TF100, Pool Skim.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi everyone! Opening day ! Pulled back the tarp to see clear water! Thanks T

I've started slamming..the great Betty White is working ...so hopefully it doesn't take long! 3rd opening...
    First time clear! Yeh!! F.C. 15 CC 1 PH 7.4 C.Y.A low...C.H. 400 (hard water in area) T.A. 180. This is the mass of the Night Crawlers.. Yuck!.
    16x32 I.G. Vinyl, Hayward Pro High-Rate Sand S220T, Vari-Flo XL Valve, Hayward Super Pump 1Hp , Great White cleaner, Hayward W530 Leaf Canister, TF100, Pool Skim.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hi everyone! Opening day ! Pulled back the tarp to see clear water! Thanks T

Get some CYA in there (what is low anyways?) to protect your chlorine from the sun.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

My CYA is 10 maybe?? lol The dot was seen with the water at the top of the test tube. So yes I added some stabilizer. My tarp is a tad too small for the pool which allowed the leaves to get under and trying to close while the leaves are falling!. : ) Betty ( auto cleaner ) has stirred things up so it's cloudy...Lost quite a bit of chlorine over night so it's not as clean as I hoped it would be on opening... but I am happy to see Semi clear water Vs swamp! and those worms.. Anyone else see this before? I have read that people find all kinds of critters in their pools : )

5. Back To Top    #5

I lost 2 ppm of F.
    C. lastnight...hopefully this 3rd day of Slamming will kick it...... 3 days Vs. Over 30 days last summer! Knowledge is power! Thanks TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Be sure to empty the skimmers and backwash if you've sucked up a lot of worms and debris. They can still be stealing your FC. They're sharing the same water, they're just out of sight in the filter.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Will be sure to check that! Thanks!

8. Back To Top    #8

I am having some Calcium scaling on my steps. My CH is at 400. Indiana ground water is typically 180 ppm, very hard water . With last years clean up we replaced a lot of water due to back washing and then this year to fill to get things up and running so replacing water wont help much I think. Would adding Borax help?
    FC 8.5
    CC .5
    PH 7.2
    CH 400
    TA 180
    CYA is not yet reading but I should be within 30 to 40 range.