Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloud/tiny bubbles coming from Aqua Rite SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Cloud/tiny bubbles coming from Aqua Rite SWG

Hi guys, I had the no flow problem a few weeks ago with my Aqua Rite SWG and replaced the current limiter as per the "fix" that's circulating the internet. No more errors coming up on the board but I'm getting what appears to be a cloud coming out of the nozzles. I posted a youtube video to show you what's happening. I apologize for the bad focus. I think it got set when I began shooting but you should get the gist of the problem I'm having.
    Any ideas or hypotheses? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cloud/tiny bubbles coming from Aqua Rite SWG

Hey and welcome to TFP. Bubbles are normal for a SWG but that white cloud, I am unsure of. It looks like your water has algae in it because it isn't that clear and you should actually stop using the SWG and manually dose the pool with liquid chlorine.

If you have a test kit, please post a full st of numbers and tell us what you're using. to test the water.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome, eh?

There sure have been a lot of Canucks joining up lately.

Bubbles from the SWG seem to be a normal phenomenom. Just search "Bubbles SWG" up above and you'll find lots and lots of threads.

And that pool looks a bit cloudy around the steps.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

We see this in a couple of pools a year. It usually only lasts a few days, going away when the water gets in balance, or the temperature changes, or something we aren't sure of happens. The white cloud is a cloud of bubbles, and dissipates if given time. Something about the conditions mean that it dissipates more slowly than it is created.

In any case, I recommend that you more or less ignore the foaming, and start balancing all of your levels, and odds are the foaming will go away in a day or two.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    We see this in a couple of pools a year. It usually only lasts a few days, going away when the water gets in balance, or the temperature changes, or something we aren't sure of happens. The white cloud is a cloud of bubbles, and dissipates if given time. Something about the conditions mean that it dissipates more slowly than it is created.

In any case, I recommend that you more or less ignore the foaming, and start balancing all of your levels, and odds are the foaming will go away in a day or two.
    I'm sorta thinking along the same lines. The state of the pool is causing some sort of interference with the electrolysis process. I'll get back to you on the measurements in a bit. We have scattered thunder storms on the prairies after reaching 86F today. It's pouring rain right now.

Thanks for all the replies thus far!

6. Back To Top    #6

I tested the pool tonight with an HTH test strip:
    FCA = 10
    TCI = 10
    Alk = 120
    pH = 7.8
    TH = 450-800
    CyA = 30-50

Salt = 3000 (per SWG)
    Temp = 80F

Water still cloudy but not green cloudy. Shocked it a few nights ago. Added 400g of Pool Clarifier Granules (Aquarius) tonight to the skimmer. SWG is off.

7. Back To Top    #7

Those numbers look fairly good. I would lower the PH down to around 7.2 as a start on lowering TA a little, but otherwise everything is fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Pool looked better this morning. I could see the bottom of the shallow end. Not covering the pool this year was a mistake. Decomposing oak leaves really mucks things up.
    Measurements this morning:

FCA = 3
    TCI = 3-5
    Alk = 80-120
    pH = 6.8-7.2
    TH = 250-450
    CyA 0-30
    Salt 3000
    Temp 78F

Added 300g of Stabilizer to the skimmer this moring. Leaving SWG off until I see some clear water.
    CyA = 30-50

Salt = 3000 (per SWG)
    Temp = 80F

9. Back To Top    #9

Make sure you are adding liquid chlorine and don't let it drop while the SWG is off.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process