Pool emergency!

Feb 24, 2013
All of my hottub water went to my pool. Any idea how this would happen?

24mgvig.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to add that it's not "gone" but the pool water level is duper high. It seems to be a closed circuit of water but none is staying in the hot tub.

We turned the pump on and for a few minutes it started to fill, but then it stopped filling and the drain opened up and drained the small amount of water out. I turned everything off but here's what the pump and valves are set to. Should I close the main drain?

More play by play. I agree that something maybe glitches so I turned it off for a few, filled the spa a little, reset my intellitouch panel and now the baskets are priming. Oh yay...spa return is filling the spa again. Let's hope it doesn't drain out again. I'll keep y'all posted.

30sy0s1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh it's draining out.

I've shut it off and I probably won't have anyone able to come out until Tuesday or longer. My pool is still under the 1 year warranty until June 21st. It will be free to have it fixed but I'm at the mercy of their schedule. And it's pool building season so I'm low priority I'm sure. :p

I hate this! I've learned how to be in complete control of my pool chemicals and maintenance but I'm at a total loss with the pump. I'm going to fill up a big glass of wine and just chill. It's my daughters 12th birthday and I have 8 girls spending the night. The show must go on! ;)

You can try shutting off the main drain and draw from the skimmers only and see if that works. You may want to wait until you have a couple of hours free and some daylight to try this.

8 pre-teen girls! You are far braver than I! I have all boys!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Alrighty I googled a little and I think one of the automated actuators are busted. I removed one actuator and now I can manually turn the valve. Since I don't have a good understanding of what valves do what, I randomly chose to remove the actuator that is farthest away from the pool heater. I manually turned it and set it to block off "spa". Fired up the pump and now the spa is filling and no longer draining. I was shooting in the dark but...I fixed it! I am woman hear me rooooaaaaaar! My husband was irritated that I was messing with it, but I lucked out. :)

Here you can see that the automated box thing is off. I put all 8 screws in so the valve handle doesn't fit on correctly. The black actuator box thing is set off to the left.

vpj7lw.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.