YEAH new filter BOO bad water

goats

May 4, 2014
New Mexico
Well are old cartridge filter died and it took a week but we put in a sand pro model 4511 it has a 3/4 motor. But in that week the water turned black added a gallon of bleach it turned green added another gallon it turned grey and has stayed there. how long before it really kicks in? ph is 7.2 down from the 8.2 it jumped to and yes I know bad test color but the chlorine is off the chart is this a pump issue( new filter on pool for 3 days or chemistry

What "chart" are you using? Gonna be awful hard to properly SLAM that pool without at least a FAS-DPD FC test. Do you have a full set of test results you can post? Please add a signature line to your profile and list all you equipment for us and gallon size if known. Been to Pool School?

I tried to ad the signature don't know if it is there pool is AG and is 15 x 48 test kit is a really bad one only does chlorine and ph and yes I know it isn't the preferred kit but all I have for now it is a basic kit chlorine level is higher than the test goes if that makes any sense

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.