Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help

1. Back To Top    #1

I am trying to replace a stripped out nut sleeve on my de filter the problem i am having is the new seems a little to small. The store keeps telling me it is the one for my filter just wondering if the old ones stretch which makes them thread on so easy. And if so do put the new one on even if it seems to tight. My concern is i am going to strip out the new one!

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Help

If it's the right thread, it should go on by hand, even if it's a bit stiff. The ends of the threads aren't banged up are they?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

Re: Help

If the threads aren't banged up try putting a little silicone pool lube on the threads and see if that helps. If that doesn't help you may need to take both parts to the pool store so they can try and match it up.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!