16 X 32 buried Desert Spring build....

Wow! This looks amazing! You really broke your back with this, I know you did! I have been breaking mine with our deck build and framing! How much of a gap is up against the pool and concrete? Are you going to add any finishing touches there?

Wow! This looks amazing! You really broke your back with this, I know you did! I have been breaking mine with our deck build and framing! How much of a gap is up against the pool and concrete? Are you going to add any finishing touches there?

working on putting 5 by 5 inch pavers in as we speak. had to take a couple weeks break... work. :(

but im back at it. :) i picked up 90 pavers and 25 4 x 8 x 16 concrete blocks along with rebar for retaining the blocks. blocks is for base. ill post pics when im done.

Wow! I wish I would have realized I could have concrete decked around ours! The deck we put around our pool hit almost $5,000 in materials. No labor costs as my wife, friends and I did it ourselves. I wonder what the concrete would have ran....On the high side the pool really only sits out of the ground by about 10 inches if that. The low side it sits about 28 inches or so. Very nice! I like the way you did this.

I wonder if it is to late to add your pvc water feature....

Wow! I wish I would have realized I could have concrete decked around ours! The deck we put around our pool hit almost $5,000 in materials. No labor costs as my wife, friends and I did it ourselves. I wonder what the concrete would have ran....On the high side the pool really only sits out of the ground by about 10 inches if that. The low side it sits about 28 inches or so. Very nice! I like the way you did this.

I wonder if it is to late to add your pvc water feature....

to give you an idea, our concrete was 900 in concrete, 500 in forms, 200 in dirt and sand, and 100 bucks in labor to one of my father in laws laborers. I was quoted 3500 on a turn key job by a local concrete guy.

also, I ran all the lines for the pvc water falls before back filling. the lines are 2 feet underground and then go up the inside of the hollow supports. the way I did it, to hide all the lines, it must be done prior to back filling the pool. since you have a deck though, you could easily hide lines under the deck though.

pool done!!! 5 x 5 stones installed in void between pool and deck. I really love how it turned out. Cost was about $200 in stone, concrete blocks, rebar, and construction glue.

IMG_20140721_153157551.jpg

IMG_20140721_153037895_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140721_153140300.jpg

IMG_20140721_153111862.jpg

Notice in my pics where the second return is? Right behind my confer curved steps. aimed downward. That ought to help keep algae in check. :cool:

I have the same problem with my Confer steps and am still battling it. I tried to alleviate the problem with a second return from my solar panels, but the Intex pump won't handle the load. It will make a straight shot from the pump to the return with the bypass open, but diverting it up to the panels stops the return. I need a stronger pump!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.