Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good Haywayd pump is through the wall skimmer still needed?

1. Back To Top    #1

Good Haywayd pump is through the wall skimmer still needed?

I purchased a a really nice Hayward heavy duty pump and filtration system (see signature below). Do I still need the through the wall skimmer if I want to get an Aquabug vac in the future?
    Thanks.
    16' x 48" 5000 gal. Intex Ultra Frame AG Pool, Los Angeles, CA
    Hayward Full-Flow Cartridge Filter System with 2 Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump,
    Intex SWG, Intex Wall Mount Surface Skimmer, Solar cover & Solar Roller,
    Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Adjustable Roll-Guard Safety Ladder,
    Kokido SkoobaMax Vac, Custom Canine entry & exit ramps,

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Good Haywayd pump is through the wall skimmer still needed?

Hi there, I don't know anyone on here whose put a through the wall skimmer in and said, "I wish I hadn't done that".... I get so many little tiny insects thinking they can walk on water, so a through the wall skimmer is invaluable..... Its best to catch the insects and stuff before they become waterlogged and sink to the bottom... Organics in the water make you use more chlorine....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Good Haywayd pump is through the wall skimmer still needed?

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Hi there, I don't know anyone on here whose put a through the wall skimmer in and said, "I wish I hadn't done that".... I get so many little tiny insects thinking they can walk on water, so a through the wall skimmer is invaluable..... Its best to catch the insects and stuff before they become waterlogged and sink to the bottom... Organics in the water make you use more chlorine....
    Last minute decision, even though we have the Hayward through the wall skimmer, my husband and I decided instead of immediately cutting a hole in the pool and lowering the water level, we would use the Intex deluxe hang on the metal rim skimmer. We can always cut a hole later. We also have the long handled hand skimmer. I want to get an Aquabug to suck up the little bugs that sink to the bottom.
    16' x 48" 5000 gal. Intex Ultra Frame AG Pool, Los Angeles, CA
    Hayward Full-Flow Cartridge Filter System with 2 Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump,
    Intex SWG, Intex Wall Mount Surface Skimmer, Solar cover & Solar Roller,
    Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Adjustable Roll-Guard Safety Ladder,
    Kokido SkoobaMax Vac, Custom Canine entry & exit ramps,