Pressure gauge on Intex cartridge filter pump?

May 6, 2012
Peoria, IL
Ok, I know this is probably a silly question, but is it possible to add a pressure gauge to an Intex cartridge filter pump? It'd be nice to know exactly when I need to clean the cartridge rather than just guessing. I have to stick with an Intex pump because I would have to bond a standard pump. Local codes say Intex pumps do not require bonding since they are double insulated. Bonding would not be practical for an Intex pool, nor possible with my tight space. And I don't really want the sand filter because backwashing would throw off my CYA and salt levels. So is it possible?

I've been looking into that myself. If your 4000 gph has the "squirrel cage" type impeller, and not the normal pool pump volute, a gauge would probably not move more that a few psi.

The 2500 gph has the "squirrel cage", and as such is a high volume low pressure water mover. The normal volute type is closer to being a positive displacement, so is capable of higher pressures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.