Stenner 85MHP17 output

Jul 5, 2011
Northern NJ
Hi all, I just hooked up my Stenner 85MHP17 and tested with water. The pump does dispense water in what does appear to be a measured amount. However, I was under the impression it would be a pressurized stream. Am I off base?

Also, I set up to run at night while the pool pump is running. This is accomplished via two Intermatic timers. Can anyone give me a ballpark on timer setting to start with on a 30k gallon pool? Perhaps I'll start at 10 and adjust timer and/or pump output from there.

Thanks in advance.

Jason, thanks for the reply. This is for chlorine. I finally found a supplier in my area that I believe I'll be happy with.

Chlorine is 12.5% ("Available" Chlorine is 11.9% according to label)

BTW, the test was pushing water through an injector tip with the check valve and duckbill.

Your 85MHP17 should have an adjustable head, correct? Mine does, and with it set to 10 using a number 2 tube, I get 1.75 ounces of 12.5% chlorine per minute output.
If you have the same setup you can use those numbers or measure yours out and see what your output is. Then go to the Pool Calculator and input your numbers to get your required amount of chlorine needed. Divide that by your output, the result is how many minutes you need to run it and end up with the required FC for your CYA level.

Verify that you have an adjustable head as well. That'll make a big difference on your output.

Just to point out to those that are not sure of the difference.

Adjustable head on left pump (dial and numbers). Non adjustable on right pump:

single-head-fixed-adjustable.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.