Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yellow Stains

1. Back To Top    #1

Yellow Stains

VC.jpg

Had yellow staining on stairs after opening this season. Wife flipped out, I stayed calm and went back to old reliable TFP and learned about vitamin C, worked like magic!
    IGVP 20X40 30,000
    Hayward 1.5gpm Superpump
    Blue Pearl Robotic Cleaner
    Dad, can we go in yet?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Yellow Stains

I just saw what you did!!!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Now that is just plain cool!! Thank you for sharing!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome!
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow... you're dedicated!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Showoff!

Love it! You get a gold star!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Would this work on some leaching stains from leaves? I have some stains on my stairs when I opened this year. I was also thinking of putting a chlorine puck on the stain.
    29,000 gallon irregularly shaped in ground pool. Plaster. DE Filter. 1 hp pump. Pool approximately 10 years old. Polaris 380 robotic cleaner. Middletown, Delaware.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by pats300zx View Post
    Would this work on some leaching stains from leaves? I have some stains on my stairs when I opened this year. I was also thinking of putting a chlorine puck on the stain.
    Vitamin C is for metals. Organic stains need chlorine. Setting a puck will likely bleach it, but pucks are acidic and might etch the plaster. A better bet would be just keep your FC at the high end and be patient. Make sure you get plenty of water circulating around the steps, even if that means brushing more. And when you add bleach, add it near the steps and then brush good so they get a good jolt before it mixes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!