LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Yup... went to the pool store yesterday...

It felt soooo good to answer..."No, that's OK, I'm just looking"

Picked up a float lounge, this really neat hammock float that I gave away to my Dad last year, and a canister of stabilizer just to have some on hand.

Absolutely no drama to report and no deep dark questions... So, I really hope new users like me read this......

My pool is up and running great! The water is crystal clear and there is NO chemical smell.

Now granted I had pretty darn clear water when I opened it. Got more crud in the pool taking the cover off than was in there to begin with.

So, now I will just give my little advice.................

Read the articles in Pool School while you are waiting for your test kit to arrive.
Don't second guess yourself, buy the TF-100 test kit. It is great, priced well, and your money goes to a good private business not a huge corporation.
Buy the speed stir! Seriously, it was no issue doing the test without it, now it is just fun! LOL... we even tested our tap water. My wife rolls her eyes and my kids get a big kick out of it.

Once my pool was stable all I do is test chlorine daily, and add what I need from the daily loss. Make sure no CC.

Wednesday I test PH as well.

Saturday or Sunday I run the full battery of tests and make sure all is good...

Oh yea, I also vacuum about twice a week....

It has become a truly trouble free pool and it feels great that I know exactly what chemicals are in there. No mystery stuff.

Aww.. Shucks, thanks... I just keep hoping that some of the other folks out there getting "pool stored" read this and get it. I am soooo very happy with my pool right now.

Just ran this week's full battery of tests and, to use a car cliche (since I am a car nut), she is purring like a kitten.

My kids and I went in today and froze our arses off.. :rolleyes:

So, since you folks are very into pictures, here ya go....

See how sparkly clean!!!!

10407220_722174854492605_8102899160972595031_n.jpg

Why do they turn away when I have the camera????

10308331_722174867825937_5905409703309800777_n.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.