Should I shock?

micmlm

Jun 28, 2013
Please start your own thread if you have questions about your pool. Then answers intended for you are not confused with answers intended for the one who started the thread. Thank you, Zea3

Hi opened my pool today pump is running and water is crystal clear dirt on bottom. Here are my readings
FC 1.6, cc .2, ph 7.4, ta 90, calcium 90, cya40
I guess my question is should I shock? Probably get free chlorine up some everything else looks pretty good to me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please start your own thread if you have questions about your pool. Then answers intended for you are not confused with answers intended for the one who started the thread. Thank you, Zea3

Hi opened my pool today pump is running and water is crystal clear dirt on bottom. Here are my readings
FC 1.6, cc .2, ph 7.4, ta 90, calcium 90, cya40
I guess my question is should I shock? Probably get free chlorine up some everything else looks pretty good to me?
It doesn't look like you need it, really. CC is really low and you have no algae. By the way, we don't use that S word as a verb around here. "Shock" is a generic term for chlorine powders. We use the term SLAM.

For peace of mind, you could take it up to SLAM levels all day and run the overnight loss test. If that passes, you're done with the SLAM in one day. It might waste a couple jugs of bleach, but that's all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.