Question on gunite or fiberglass

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and new to forums. I am interested in installing a pool at my home in Hawaii and was interested in opinions as to the dependability of inground fiberglass pools compared to gunite. I also heard fiberglass pools were cheaper. I've been reading this site for a while and already learned much and would like to hear from experienced owners. Thanks and aloha. :cool:

Welcome to TFP MindenMike.

When it comes down to which pool should I chose, I'm going to say it's all a personal choice. Fiberglass may be cheaper where you are located. But do you like the look of gunite better? You will certainly get more of a choice on style and depth with a gunite pool over a fiberglass pool. Decisions, Decisions... I'm sure others will comment shortly.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

IMO it's more about budget. If you can afford a Gunite pool, go that route. The shapes and designs you can have are only limited by your imagination and a little by your topography, then the available space. FG pools do come in a variety of shapes, but they are limited. No question if you are asking me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.