Where to buy salt?

Jun 27, 2008
Tennessee
Where do you buy salt to use in your pool? Is the pool store the only place to get it? I would like to add some to my pool (I am using the BBB method) to make the water feel better. I have read about it on here but just didn't know where to get the salt. Thanks!

I just bought mine at the Home Depot last week. The bags were on pallets near the cashiers and they ran close to $5 per 40# bag. I added 4 bags to my pool and I got in and swished it around with my feet to help it dissolve. I did find that there were a few pebbles mixed in that I removed from the bottom of the pool... and also, I found a few large clear pieces with edges that appeared to be glass. Much to my embarrassment and relief... they were just larger pieces of salt! :)

They should.

Walmart would not have it by the pool supplies, since it's for household water softeners. YOu may have to ask a staffer. Wal-mart is too busy selling HTH pool products and making huge profits from it, they wouldn't know about SWGs hehehehehehe or BBB. If they did, they'd have bleach by the pool supplies! LOL

I am NOT a Wally-World lover, but I do get my CYA from there, seems to be a good price, and of course Sam's Club (and Wal-Mart, I guess) have good deals on big jugs o'bleach...that got me through my BBB conversion. Funny story, the gal who checked me out at Sam's one weekend (with a flat cart FULL of bleach) was working checkout the next weekend when I did my next big bleach run during my conversion. She remembered that I had said I had a pool, and she just glanced down at this second cart piled up with bleach and said, straight-faced, "So just how big is your pool?"
:lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.