Cloudy water TA finally down

It is essentially impossible to know what is going on with the water without test results. A high quality test kit is indispensable and will save you lots of money and time going forward.

In the meantime, give us what you have and we will see if we can figure out what is going on from that.

Just done the test strip again. I guess the ta isn't down. It's finally on the charts tho. Blah, this is driving me crazy. I added a gallon of muratic acid today. Guess I'll get more tomorrow. Everything else tested good beside chlorine is at like 0.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I find this thread without searching through all of them?

Good, reliable test results are critical to getting and maintaining good water quality. Without actual numbers, it's difficult for us to help. A zero chlorine is insufficient. The correct chlorine level depends on your cyanuric acid level. You probably need to go through the Slam process.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You can compare the test kits we recommend here . I feel the TF100 is the best value of all the recommended test kits and shipping is fairly quick.

How much bleach you need to add is dependent on your CYA level. Without knowing current test results you are flying blind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It could be anything. The strips are worthless for reading anything accurately, except perhaps Ph.

Can you get to a Walmart? They sell a 6-way drop based kit by HTH that can test for CYA for about $20. If you order the K-2006 from Taylor or the TF test kits TF-100, you'll have in a few short days. You need to be able to properly test - strips don't cut it... I'm sorry. :-(

Wish we could give you concrete advice but as you have noticed, we all have our hands tied behind our backs waiting for you to make your next move which is to purchase a reliable test kit. I would caution you against dumping more acid in the pool until you can get a TF100. You can compare them here :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison.

When you're ready to take control of your pool and stop relying on the cheap and unreliable way to test, we'll be here to help you every step of the way.

While you're waiting on your test kit, here are some really important links in Pool School that you can take a look at:

:lookhere: ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
:lookhere: How to Chlorinate Your Pool
:lookhere: Chlorine CYA Chart
:lookhere: Recommended Levels
:lookhere: Pool Calculator Instructions

It is very rare to find one of the recommended FAS-DPD test kits locally ... they generally have no idea what you are talking about or will try to convince you that the DPD is the same, it is NOT!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.