Should I be concerned?

My pool seems to be losing more water than just through evaporation. I've had to add water a few times this week. The weather is turning hotter (I'm in south Louisiana), but it seems odd that I'm adding so much water this early in the summer.

Then, as I'm doing some inspecting on the liner tonight, I see this:

IMG_1634.jpg

It looks like a tear in the seam.

I'm doing a water level test tonight. I'll check the water level tomorrow morning before the filter system comes on and then again around 6pm which is when I did the leveling tonight. That should tell me how much water is being lost within a 24 hour period.

Anyway, should I be concerned about this tear? The pool and liner has just made 5 years old.

Thanks!

-G

Is the ground wet where this *tear* is?

Seams are a lot more difficult to patch than just a hole. It's almost like once they start, they keep on going. You can try to fix it but don't be surprised if the patch fails. Use 3 patches with the first one covering it. Round the edges of the patch, apply glue and lay it on the hole. Cut the next patch bigger than the 1st patch and repeat the process with the 3rd patch being bigger than the second.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.