indoor/outdoor pool...need some expert advice!

May 23, 2014
Caledon, Ontario
so, my wife and I are looking at a very nice home near Georgian Bay in Ontario. We have had pools for the last 20 years and were excited to see that this place had one...but we have never seen one like it before - its half inside and half outside. I have attached a photo to this post. I am looking for any kind of constructive advice on how to handle this...do we close it in the winter? It is closed now and has had a lot of water drained out (more than I ever would) with an elephant cover outside and no cover inside. The only barrier between indoor and outdoor is a plastic panelled garage style door. There are 15 2x8 sheets of pink Styrofoam insulation on top of the cover...I am guessing this is used somehow under the cover.

Anyway, if any of you have experience with this sort of installation I would love to hear about it.

Robert

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 56
That has got to be the craziest pool I've ever laid eyes on. :shock: Like... how would you even use the pool in the winter months? I would say you can't because it'd be too cold.

Had a better look at it this afternoon. The liner is torn at the bottom of the stair which explains why it was drained so low. But a great idea for a future build...it was a 54" deep on ground with a really nice concrete deck. Those garage doors on both ends opened and the skylight was massive (looked like some roof leaks on the flat roof also). Between the indoor and outdoor sections there is a huge glass panel door that can be opened - on the bottom is a heavy plastic flap that extends down into the water perhaps six inches...that's how the two areas are separated.

No way this stays open during the winter but it would definitely extend the season up here to April/October!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.