Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite pool toy?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Favorite pool toy?

This may be geared towards people with children but... what is everyone's favorite pool toy and why (and no, not your test kit...)?
    NEW POOL: 11k IGP, Pebbletec, Hayward Pro-Grid 3620 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair?/Emerson
    OLD POOL: 12.3k IGP, Pebbletec, Pentair 60 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair/Emerson + 1HP Pentair waterfall, Pentair IC40, and borated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Favorite pool toy?

99 store squirt gun. The thing is amazingly accurate, and has about a 15' reach. It's really fun to use on those people who like to ease into the water rather than just plunge in.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool noodles get more use in ours than anything else.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    99 store squirt gun. The thing is amazingly accurate, and has about a 15' reach. It's really fun to use on those people who like to ease into the water rather than just plunge in.
    That is pretty far for a 99 squirt gun!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to have to say the basketball/hoop combo at my house. Especially if there are more than two people in the pool and a game of HORSE can get started.
    NEW POOL: 11k IGP, Pebbletec, Hayward Pro-Grid 3620 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair?/Emerson
    OLD POOL: 12.3k IGP, Pebbletec, Pentair 60 D.E. Filter, 1HP Pentair/Emerson + 1HP Pentair waterfall, Pentair IC40, and borated

5. Back To Top    #5

Hmm? The wife?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hmm? The wife?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Noodles!!

We like the football too.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Figured that would come from you.......(dang it you beat me to it!!!!)

Since peacefulkancer ruled out test kits, i'd have to go with the brush and vacuum.........

We don't have kids of our own young enough for pool toys, just daughter's boyfriend's foster brothers and sisters that come over once in a while.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

A floating cooler..............
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

11. Back To Top    #11

Row boat, wave cruiser, diving toys, donuts. Kids will play with almost anything. They even like some Dollar Store inflatables but they don't last.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

12. Back To Top    #12

my remote control boat. Its a blast
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

13. Back To Top    #13

My intex floating lounge chair!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14

We have a basketball goal that gets used constantly but besides that the best thing for the kids has to be giant floaties that I bought at albertsons (grocery store) last year. Here is a pic of the floaties (taken before my pool redo - please ignore the ugly pool) :

And for scale, here is my then 12 year old 5'9" daughter riding on hers:

Did I mention they are huge?
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

15. Back To Top    #15

What do you mean, ugly pool?

Have you seen mine?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    What do you mean, ugly pool?

Have you seen mine?
    Summer time in Texas no one complained that it was ugly! lol!
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

17. Back To Top    #17

I am not a fan of the blow up items. I have been known to let them blow off into the yard where nearly every plant has thorns (hey, I'm in the desert!).

- - - Updated - - -

... and I am still waiting on pictures from Hawk....

18. Back To Top    #18

We fill the pool with tons if floats, big and small, then we play hide and seek. Lots of fun day or night. Seeker isn't allowed to open eyes underwater. Don't have the floats inflated yet, but I'll post pix when the hide and seek competitions start, after school ends in a few weeks.

19. Back To Top    #19

Just saw some "lighted" pool noodles. A tad cost prohibitive at 40 bucks a pop.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

20. Back To Top    #20

We bought some light up noodles here in WI at Menards that went for $8 a pop. I'll advise on value or not if it ever gets warm here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast