Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tank for liquid chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Tank for liquid chlorine

I was able to locate a tank from a water softener system in the trash. It is the brine (softening salt + water) tank. I am thinking of using it for a stenner chlorination project. It appears to be around 30-40 gal in size and has a nice large removable lid. Anyone see any problems using this for my liquid chlorine storage tank?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tank for liquid chlorine

Will you use that much chlorine before it starts to lose it's potency?
    Also, a large removable lid isn't a necessity.
    I, and many others, use a 15 gallon drum such as this

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Will you use that much chlorine before it starts to lose it's potency?
    Also, a large removable lid isn't a necessity.
    I, and many others, use a 15 gallon drum such as this

Once I got home, I did an actual measurement of the tank and its 22.5 gallons when filled a couple inches from the top. I get my chlorine in 5 gal carboys and when full they are a bit hard to pour without splashing and was thinking that the large removable top would be nice; rather than using a big funnel to fill the holding tank.... plus the price was right (free). I just wondering if bleach is compatible with the plastic this tank is made of.

4. Back To Top    #4

22.5 isn't so bad then. Check the tank for markings and then look them up in Google. Should tell you if the plastic can handle it.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I bought the original stenner tank, 7.5 gallons, as I didn't want to mount my pump on anything external... I wanted it to be a stand alone unit, so I could just throw it in next to my filter and solar pump in my equipment box... This unit is the coolest little thing... Made to fit...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven