Pool Surface of Pebtec Pool?

mmdhar

Jul 26, 2013
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

What do I select for Pool Surface on the Pool calculator for Peb Tec pool? Plaster, Vinyl or Fiber Glass?

Also, in my Pool Builder instructions, they mentioned to add The Magenta Stuff regularly. Do I need to add this following your BBB method? If so, how often?

Thanks!

Plaster.

I don't know about the Magenta Stuff, but you want to follow the builder's instructions exactly until the warranty period is up, so he can't weasel out of things if there's a problem. And keep a log of your test results and what you've added, in case there is a dispute. Search "pool log" or "spreadsheet" and you'll find several that people have uploaded here.

PebbleTec is a plaster suface, since plaster is used to hold the pebbles in place.

We do not recommend using The Magenta Stuff. There is some chance you will need to use a sequestrant regularly, just not that one. It is unclear if that is just a generic recommendation, or if the builder knowns you will have problems with metals.

Thanks for the responses! Last time I posted a question. I was getting emails whenever someone responded. This time I didn't get any emails. My settings must have changed. So, I assumed nobody responded.

I hope it is generic recommendation. I found a post about sequestrant. I'll read it follow any suggested instructions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.