CoverPools broken rope (inground, rope in the wall)

Welcome to TFP pool123. I hope you can find help in fixing this. :goodjob:

My pool is completely open and the cover stock in the beginning. It would be easy if it was inside rope but it is outside rope (far away from a pool).

http://youtu.be/hoy6313zbCk

If there is no other trick, I will cut old rope and will try to use wire to fit a rope to outside rail first, then I'll try to fish it out on the turn, and continue in inside rail. I anticipate it is going to be painful.

What wire would you recommend to use?

You will need a wire puller to fish the rope thru.
Thanks. Great idea.
I pulled the broken outside rope - it just 2-3 m from the motor. Instead pushing wire through the whole 38 feet, I will try to "fish it out" (the key word "fishing"). I will go tomorrow to buy a strong hook with a long shank. I will mount it to wire and will try to fish the broken end. I will pull the cover manually pulling the hooked rope at the same time until I see the rope. After that I will use the old rope to pull the new rope through. I will keep you posted.

I am wondering do they make a tool with long steel wire that has fishing-like hook on the end? Does any one know the name and where to buy?

Thanks guys, but I will need to pull the wire puller/fish tape through 38 ft rail and back with 180 degree turn , then hook the new rope and pull it back. Maybe only 38 ft but to make 180 degree turn will be hard. Those tools (wire puller and fish tape) need to be load outside the rail. I cannot imagine to hook the broken rope on wire puller inside the rail.

My idea is to "fish", to hook the broken rope inside the rail and pull it out. I will need something sharp as a fishing hook.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the same problem. I use what I would describe as an "ice pick" tool or an awl, which I then bent with pliers into a fish hook. Once that was accomplished you can reach either the inside or outside rope. Once you "hhok" the rope you can pull it all the way through. A little tricky at the ends, but not impossible.

It depends can you get to the pulley at the non motor end of the track. If so and you can get it off you won't have to pull the track down. You will need a wire puller to fish the rope thru.

Fishing did not work :-(
2hs9bf4.jpg

And the pulley with old rope attached does not go to non motor end of the track. I can pull the old rope out but not sure if it will work with a wire puller as my pool 38 ft. How do they make the non motor end track? Will the wire puller turn 180 degree?

Is it possible to remove the track to clean it and replace the rope? How can I do that?

1zyem47.jpg

2duasle.png

I had the same problem. I use what I would describe as an "ice pick" tool or an awl, which I then bent with pliers into a fish hook. Once that was accomplished you can reach either the inside or outside rope. Once you "hhok" the rope you can pull it all the way through. A little tricky at the ends, but not impossible.

Did you use something like that? Have no idea who does work. How do you reach outside (from a pool) rope?

117tkcx.jpg

How to pull with this thing (red arrow) on the way? I cannot pull it to the side. I also cannot pull it out toward the motor as it is in the pit. How did they build it? Did they put cement around the pool after track housing and tracks were already installed? Stupid CoverPools' s design - will never buy from them.

11gkmfc.jpg

2hckbyf.jpg

Bad news, actually 3. The rope is broken far away from the motor. The fish tape failed me too. Dealer will fix it for $600-1200.

t517bs.jpg

It would be much easier if they installed a hole with sealed plastic cover to access the rope track on the another end. It seems that I will do some drilling.

24vtdee.jpg

My last hope (before drilling) - the nylon fish tape with a wheel:
dqnn2g.jpg

How is a pool building done usually? Do they just put duck tape over the pool cover racks and pure cement on top? I am wondering how to do drilling and when to stop drilling, and what to do after that? Is it some kind of an enclosure (plastic box) around the end where the rope turns?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.