PCC 2000 replacement debris drain help!!!

chris fox

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 3, 2013
Phoenix area
Original post was in construction with not much feedback...
My pool is plastered and ready for water today but not confident in the PB replacement drain cover. Maybe I am overthinking this but the drains he wants to put in(spa and pool)don't appear debris will fit through the slots. I think its a Paramount SDX cover with wavy vents. The vents look like coin slots on a vending machine - no debris getting through those! And I don't want to be brushing and skimming debris off my new updated pool bottom.:mad:

The existing cover was flat on top and was raised about 1/2" off the pool bottom. I am assuming these are no longer available because of new pool laws.
Hoping someone will know of a drain or part # so I get the right drain cover?
thanks in advance!
chris

- - - Updated - - -

Water had to go in because of the new plaster.
The drains had to stay for now.
We found a AtoA rpd2 debris drain anyone know about or used this drain? Not the best looking but appears its compliant and allows for debris passage.
Not sure how the PB will get this drain on correctly? :(

Thanks Bobby.
Attached are two images of the SDX drain in both spa and pool area. After diving in it looks like the PB raised the the bottom for debris to enter on the lower edge.
My instinct tells me the top has to be free of vents for the suction to pull from the perimeter of the drain cover. If the top is vented how is suction going to pull debris from the perimeter??
Is my PB an idiot or am I over thinking this?

What I am starting to gather is he didn't think about the debris drain until after plaster was in and since the plaster has to be filled with water ASAP he reaching for cheap fixes!
Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.