Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crack in pool stairs... do i need to fix it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Crack in pool stairs... do i need to fix it?

20140523_075606(1).jpg

20140523_075615(1).jpg

Hey Guys!

While draining the pool (CYA is too high) i noticed a crack in one of the stairs. Do I need to fix this crack? And if so, what's the best procedure?

(also... the pool walls look kinda blotchy. Do I need to do an acid wash or just live with it is the best way?)

Thanks for your expertise,
    --Lee
    25,000 Gallon Pool, In Ground, Plaster, DE Filter (need to get model), need to get pump, pool build year unknown

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crack in pool stairs... do i need to fix it?

Hey Lee. Again, Welcome to TFP!

Question for ya... Are or were you losing any water before the drain/refill? If not, it could just be a surface crack but I'd keep an eye on it. It looks pretty scary huh? I'm sure some others will comment soon too.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for responding. Nope, I haven't noticed any water loss.
    25,000 Gallon Pool, In Ground, Plaster, DE Filter (need to get model), need to get pump, pool build year unknown

4. Back To Top    #4

I would consider repairing it now while you have the water line below the crack. There are products that you can work with below the water level, but they do an iffy job.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

5. Back To Top    #5

My vote is for fixing it while hte water is out before it presents a problem in the future.

If you could post some pics of those blotches you mention, you probably could get some pretty good advice on what to do about them.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!