Pool liner slipper since vertical support raised

kysoccer25

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2014
Shepherdsville, KY
Greetings! I have a round, above ground pool, 24'x52" and is going on it's 4th summer of us. Near the end of the summer last year, we noticed a couple of spots were the railing was pulling away from the top of the pool slightly. We had a pool guy come out and he said that the vertical support was up too high and over the seasons, the vertical support would probably go higher. I decided I would deal with it when we opened up the pool this year. When we took the cover off yesterday, the slight gap was much worse (Pics 1 and 2).

I'm not sure how to best fix this. I'm guessing the vertical support will have to be lowered so that the railing and liner track will come back down. After it is lowered, I can follow the instructions outlined in a previous post to get the liner back into the track. Can the vertical support be lowered while the pool is filled? If that isn't the better way to do it, what would you recommend to fix the railing being too high?

Thanks for your help!photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Yes, this looks like it needs drained to fix. How does the pool look level wise? Is it off? If so, I would suggest a re-install after releveling the pavers under the post. Is the pool in the bottom track? Are there any bulges in the walls around the bottom of the pool?

Hey everyone! Thanks for your replies!

Here is what I did. After reviewing a lot of the content on this site and what I could find on the web, I verified that the pool wall was free of any bulges and damage. The water level looked right without leaning one way more than another. The pool was in the bottom track, it was only the top railing/track that had lost the liner. I dug around the cement building block that was holding up the vertical support and re-evaluated on how to proceed. At this point, I slowly checked to see what kind and how much pressure was on the support. After feeling as confident as I could about what had to be done, I decided to remove cement block from under the vertical support. I was able to lower the dirt under the cement block and could lower the vertical support which allowed the railing to lower to a height that I could get the lining up to.

After doing all of that, I see now that the vertical support has some sort of sleeve that allows it to slide up and down a few inches. I probably didn't need to lower the building block as the sleeve slide down. I verified that the vertical support was established again and the cement block was balanced (which it wasn't when I dug around it).

Short version (too late), that part has been fixed. Not sure how much luck I used up doing it that way but I learned a lot from this site and this experience!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.