TF-100 Results on new water after liner replacement....

roadking00

LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
OK so here is my first set of numbers of the new pool water...heading out to get some stabilizer...
pH - 7.3-7.4
FC - 0
CC - 0
ALK- 50
CAL - 30

Added some chlorine, only to be burnt up pretty quick without CYA yet...going to be adding that as well aiming for 40ish for now see where it ends up...

Any other thoughts based on my #'s??

Added a 6.5lb tub of CYA last night (via a couple socks over the return jets) I know it will not show up for a week but I assume it will start doing its job now and should assume I have a CYA level of 35 ish right now, based on my newly calculated water capacity of 24000 rather then the past 21,600 I was told it was. Added some bleach as well and had a FC of 6.5 and CC .5 as of late last night so I should be good till tonight (still haven't gotten my Stenner set-up yet for the season) manually dosing for now...

Any thoughts on a time frame of when I need to start looking at raising my Alk and CH ??

With a vinyl liner, the time to raise CH is never. You don't need to worry about plaster etching.

TA is whenever you want. When you're out running errrands, buy the baking soda. I wouldn't make a special trip for it.

Thanks Richard, I was thinking on leaving it a bit lower then the 70-80 I ran last year to see how my pH rise trends ? Maybe a tad lower like 50-60 TA will maintain a slower rise pH for me ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is your CH result 30 or 300?

Yep, 30 it is.... Trucked in city water (18000 gals) and the last 6000 gal from my good well water.

Dont do anything to the TA until you have finished adding all the CYA and have adjusted your PH to where you want it.
Then keep an eye on the PH for a week or two. If the PH is contantly changing, then at that time, you might want to make an adjustment to the TA.
If the PH stays good, then you're set.

Couple semi finished pics...hope all had a great weekend...
6u3e4a6u.jpg
gysazedu.jpg
ade8upug.jpg

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.