BayouPoPo...A rookie again!

Just an introduction to the group. Please pardon if I get nervous, I've never spoken to 60,000 people before. Well, I probably have during my lifetime but not all at once!

LET ME SAY NOW THAT I HAVE ORDERED A KIT!!! Taylor K-2006C

I live in south Louisiana, graduated from LSU, and I've been a cop for over 28 years. After being a cop for this long I never thought I'd have to be called "rookie" ever again but I'm definitely a rookie pool owner! I bought a house in October 2013 that had a pool. Mind you, I didn't start small. This beast is 40,000 gallons! I knew it was going to be extra work but I was not prepared for just how much work it is. Be that as it may, it has created a new hobby for me and a challenge to be the best pool master ever!

I stumbled onto this forum looking for information on the web. I started reading articles and learning stuff in pool school right away. You can tell by my signature that I have not become intimately familiar with my equipment yet but I will update that as I get more information. I'm very glad to have found this site and I'm looking forward to all the awesome information and help!

Theresa (aka bayoupopo)

Welcome aboard!

Get familiar with that equipment. If you need help identifying things, post pictures. Helps to post pictures of product labels on pumps/filters/etc. If you need help posting pictures to the site, use an online photo storage/sharing site like photobucket.com. There is a tutorial on the site: Posting Photos Tutorial by Leebo.

You're off to a great start by having a kit on the way!

Welcome to the forum. :wave: I hope you find this the friendliest place you visit on the net. I promise that you will get all the help you need about pools. Lot'f of experienced folks here that willingly share what they know.

Welcome to TFP!~ I second posting pics of that beatly pool and of your pool equipment! Congrats on the test kit too! When you need refills, get them at TFtestkits.net. :goodjob: