Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heavy Holiday Pool Traffic Reminder!

1. Back To Top    #1
    East Texas

Heavy Holiday Pool Traffic Reminder!

You've worked hard on your pool to get it in perfect shape for the Holiday 3 day'er, right?

Do yourself (and your pool) a favor by bumping up those FC levels higher than you normally would to compensate for heavy bather loads BEFORE the party starts! I'll pop a puck or two in the skimmer to help replenish that valuable consummable while the party is in progress. Then check it again afterwards.

Our big get together is Sunday and I want it to look as good on Monday as it did before it got SLAMmed with folks on Sunday!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Heavy Holiday Pool Traffic Reminder!

I disagree. FC can be fixed in seconds with a jug.

What takes preplanning is water level and brushing. I've been brushing like a mad man all week so nobody can disturb anything that might cloud my water! The catfish is also fully recharged for spot cleaning.

It's still a great source of pride to me that my wife's best friend's kids prefer to swim in my pool than the one at their apartment because "Your pool is clear."
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Good idea Woody.

It's always good to give a little boost before and a little more after everyone is done. Doing it like this is a nice way to do it without anyone noticing. like it.

With a good Robot or other cleaner, brushing needs will be minimal if any. It's the FC that gets stressed and I may have to pick up a few pucks for stuff like this.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

You can never go wrong with a good brushing before a date full of hotties (or not) at the swimmin' pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter