First time pool build - The Woodlands, TX

Give that man a prize. It is. Its a hike but if you want to take a look a a setup let me know - you are more than welcome to swing by (Shepherd / 43rd area). More than happy to walk you through all of the ins and outs.

Pictures shortly.

I might have to take you up on this offer eventually. I assume that I would just manually chlorinate it for a while to see what my regular levels are, and then install it and set it to match up with that. Then just do regular water testing and adjust accordingly?

On another note, I'm amazed how much progress has been made. It took less than 25 hours to go from nothing to being ready for gunite. I wish it wasn't a holiday weekend, or they'd be shooting that in the morning.

Ruh oh... looks like they were stuck! :lol:

That's a nice looking pool thus far!

I like to host my pics through postimage.org when I'm on my laptop. ;)

I might have to take you up on this offer eventually. I assume that I would just manually chlorinate it for a while to see what my regular levels are, and then install it and set it to match up with that. Then just do regular water testing and adjust accordingly?

It's actually easier with the stenner ... And I end up using less cl than I did manually dosing.

When you dose manually once a day it's a shoot high and let it drift with the target never dropping below the minimum. With a stenner and a timer you can set up 3 or 4 dosing times a day.

I dose first thing, a small one at noon and again at 6.

The first one is the big one, the rest are smaller to make sure I don't drop below the minimum.

The plumbers finally got their truck out. Unfortunately, they burned up the clutch, and had to have it towed away.

I was able to talk them into coming out today and running new sewer lines for the guest house and utility room. They agent charging me much, and I'm happy to have the same guys doing this that will do my pool plumbing.

amajynaz.jpg

I do perimeter at work and buried a Jeep in mud last week so I feel for them. I had to let it sit because every time I tried to get it out, it was heading for the hillside but I wasn't going to go up it. :shock:

Yeah I actually felt bad for them. I tried pulling them out with my truck, and spent an hour digging and pushing to no avail. Then their boss tried to pull them out with his truck with no luck. They called a tow truck, and HE couldn't get them out. I made sure to feed them some pizza and cold drinks while they were waiting. Luckily when they came to do the sewage runs for me today the tow truck was able to get them out.

This was the first crew we had that really spoke English, and they were really helpful. They answered tons of my questions, and didn't look at me funny when I was in the backyard taking pictures of sewage pipe installation! They also had a lot of good things to say about my PB, which I would expect, but it's still better than hearing bad things.

I'm working on choosing my plaster this weekend. Anyone know of any articles or threads that do a good job of explaining the pros and cons of the different types? I've figured out the coloring stuff, but still don't understand the different finishes very well.

Basic white has fallen out of favor ... But done right it yields a crazy smooth surface that can last 10 plus years.

The rest are either pebble or quartz based.

Some folks don't like the rough surface of pebble tec.

I understand the quartz finishes and "sheen" finishes are as smooth as old school plaster.

When budget allows a resurface on mine it will be plaster with a bi carb startup.

... Wish I could be more help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Too bad they didn't finish the pool before the rainstorm...lots of free water to fill the pool. Amazing how much rain fell. Are there any worries of walls collapsing in?

Pool is going to be great when done!

I was sure worried about it. The gunite guy that came out to put out the plastic yesterday told me he had just come from 3 pools that had all collapsed. This one held up pretty well, and they are digging out the parts that need it right now. Still don't know when they are going to gunite. It's supposed to keep storming all week after today.

Gunite crew has made a surprise appearance. They showed up a little after 230, and immediately started putting up plastic barriers. Now they are draining the but of water that's in the bottom again, and it looks like they are putting some backing board behind the rebar where the walls eroded in the storm. Seems like a late start, but they tell me that they have plenty of time.

ryqymyty.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.