Sooo tired of going to pool store!

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do without a proper test kit, that is why we make it the number one bit of advice, and encourage people to get it ordered while we work out the details.

Ike

im starting to think test strips are more accurate then 3/4's of the pool stores with testers.
Although I do like one of my local stores, they are good, the rest suck.

Now and then a good pool store will pop up. A lot of the checmical products are useful or even good, providing they are used
only when appropriate to so. Thats where the problem comes in. Most pool store folks dont have the first clue about the chemical
interactions and how one effects another. Sad situation for so many people who turn to them.

Fingers crossed you test kit will be to your door by Tuesday. By this time next week you will likely be 95% clear.

Keep up the additions of bleach. Brush it every day, maybe twice.

Do some reading in pool school. Crystal water will come soon.

Welcome to TFP, since you are waiting for TF100 to arrive, read this article about adding DE to sand filter to accelerate the filtration, it might help you.

Add DE to Sand filter

Missourian, Adding DE to the filter is usually a finishing touch. It is not meant to be used straight away but if a sand filter is taking way too long to clear a cloudy pool.

Well we are def going in the right direction. This morning I could actually see the outline of the drain. Ph measured on my old kit reads 7.6 and fc greater than 10. The new kit cant get here fast enough. I mean in two days since I joined I am already seeing faster results then spending more time and money from advice from my local pool store. I do have a question. Since I am having my annual memorial day party, I am sure the kids will want to swim. Is it safe whith that high of chlorine reading?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Waiting anxiously for my test kit. Website says its been shipped! However, my pool is 95% clear. Just by addding the liquid bleach daily for the last 6 days. I had been strugling for clear water for over four wks. Using the recomendarions from the pool store. Switched to bleach, and what a dramatic change. Where is the cheapest place to buy bleach? I have been paying about $3 a jug.

Another member from Indiana! :cheers:

Check out Menards in Muncie. They have 12.5% "Liquid Shock" (http://www.menards.com/main/p-2272458-c-10137.htm) for $3.99/jug. That's equivalent to finding a 121oz jug of regular bleach for $1.88 - if my math checks out.

They had a sale until the 11th for buy one get one free. I stocked up but probably not as much as I should have... :)

aldrichg9, There's a Menards in Terre Haute too! You wouldn't have to wait for the pool store sales!

Finally got my test kit. Results are as follows:
Fc: 17
Cc: .5
Ta: 150
Ph: 8.2
CH: 250
Cya:70
I added some ph minus. Pool is chrystal clear.
Retested ph four hrs later and it reads 7.5.

not adding bleach until chlorine level drops. Is this correct? Since I have been trying to fight a cloudy pool and now everything seems to be clear. What else should I be doing?

I concur with Joel. You've passed two of the three tests, make sure you pass the overnight loss test, too. If you don;t, it's like not finishing off the antibiotics the doctor prescribed because you feel better. Just set the alarm and do it. You can go back to bed again and it will still be warm.

And you should be gushing about how it's never been this clear before and it sparkles. Invite some people over to show it off.

But just a reminder, when the FC is above 10 you can't really trust the pH reading. When you get the pool past the overnight test, and let the FC fall, be sure to retest pH when FC is less than 10 to be sure that all is well then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.