Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with identifying a part for an above ground

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Help with identifying a part for an above ground

Plug.jpgWe are in the process of putting up a new used above ground. I would really appreciate help with labelling a part so I can purchase pieces that were damaged while taking apart the pool for relocation: In the post caps there were small plugs that needed to be removed with pliers before the two parts of the caps could be removed. In any diagrams I have found they are screws and not these little plugs. The plugs are aesthetically pleasing and I believe their purpose is to prevent the lower screws from rusting. Does anyone know what these plugs are called or where they can be purchased (as in a pool supply store)? They are not listed in the parts I have been able to find for Sonesta Above Ground Pools. Thanks so much for any direction!
    Last edited by Tburg; 05-23-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: add attachment

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with identifying a part for an above ground

Welcome to TFP Tburg.

Can you post pics of these plugs you speak of?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the welcome Casey!
    This plug was removed with pliers and you can see some damage, normally the top is flat as is the second ring. It is approximately 16 cm long.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well Tburg, this just stumps me and it seems as though it is something maybe the original owner decided to use instead of screws? I don't know.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

It's called a plastic push rivet. If the local mom&pop hardware store doesn't have it, check the parts department at a car dealership. Toyota uses all kinds of those things in about 5 sizes.

For future reference, you push in on the center and it pops through and you pull the whole thing out and push the center back through when you're ready to reassemble. Then you push it flush and it expands and locks.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!