new fill chemicals

May 15, 2014
Gaffney, SC
Have been filling pool with city water for 56 hours. Water is still about an inch from the skimmer. I added the 75oz of .CYA in a sock suspended form a inflatable about an hour ago. And from what I could gather was going to add 26 oz of Borax, and 81 oz of Bleach and run the pump around the clock for a few days. I have been waiting patiently for it to fill but have to get up at 4:00 AM for a 12 hr shift and really was wondering if I could just go ahead and dump this stuff in all at once or not. And how exactly the borax should get added.
I would much appreciate some advice.
Thanks.

FC 0
PH 7.2
TA 50
CYA 0

The bleach is easy. Just pour it into the hose stream. Borax can wait until tomorrow night. You won't be etching a vinylpool like you would with plaster.

With the exception of CYA, because it takes so long to dissolve, you only add one chemical at a time and allow half an hour of circulation between them. Minimum.

Instructions on adding each chemical are in this article.

You'll be happy from day one to be following the methods from this site. My pool went up almost the same date last year. Has been crystal clear constantly. Friends and neighbors all went hazy or green by the end of the summer from using pucks or expensive once a week treatments in their pools. Daily maintenance takes 5 minutes at most to do a quick test and top off the chlorine. Biggest problem is that the water is so clear you'll be able to see the smallest spec of dirt and want to get it out! I think the official term they use here is "sparklipoolitis".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.