Salt water generator and heater with previously chorinater pool.

Jul 7, 2013
Beaufort, SC
I conerted my pool to a salt water pool and it circulates through the heater. I have heard of people having trouble with water color turning torquise and eventually the heater inners came out into the pool. Is this possible? Is the salt water hard on the heater and will it eat through the metal. All the rest of my plumbing is PVC or rubber but heater has some cast iron and not sure what is on the inside. Heater is haywood and about 14 years old. Can anyone provide me some help. I don't use the heater much so could just plumb around it if you guys think that the low amount of salt is enough to eat into the heater. I know what salt water can do to a boats manifold but that is heavy concentrated salt in the ICW in SC. Thanks for any replies .. If somoene has a better idea of how to solve the problem if it is a problem. I also was told that the water does run through metal piping in the heater but that doesn't seem right.

Regards,

Mark Raiteri

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.