Might be moving to Kansas City - advice?

karmabiker

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm looking at a job opportunity in Kansas City, does anyone have any advice or recommendations on areas that are good to live in (family oriented ... We have a 3 month old).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnson County KS, on the southwest side of the KC metro area, contains several communities that are rated among the best in the US to live. Among them include Olathe, Overland Park, and Shawnee. I am most familiar with Olathe (pronounced O_lay_the) as I have family that have lived there for some time. It is a very family-oriented community. My experience is that the people in KC are among the most friendly of any large metro area in the country plus the traffic situation is considerably more sane relative to other large metros.

We have family living. in Liberty. It's north of KC with an easy drive to the airport. Nice family area, good schools, and rolling hills.

I used to live I'm Kansas City for 30 years before moving to Florida. There are many nice parts, many have been mentioned above. Do you know yet where you will be working potentially? What type of activities do you and your family enjoy?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Another consideration, which applies to any metro area that spans across state lines, is the tax situation. Will you be working out of Kansas or Missouri? If you live in one state but work in another, you could be hit with taxes from two tax jurisdictions. I'm not sure of the specifics in the KC area, but in other metros (NYC being among them), it is not uncommon for someone who lives in CT or NJ to pay taxes to NY (where the office is). Just something else to look into as you consider your options.

I fly a LOT for a living. MCI is one of my least favorite airports. I wish they'd update it and get some good restaurants in there!

As stated above, go to Oklahoma Joe's for BBQ. Skip Smokehouse.

When I'm not traveling, I office out of the house too. It's great when you have a beautiful day and can take the laptop out by the pool. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.