Moved Filter & pump ??

May 21, 2014
Westport, MA
Hey all...
New to forum,,,,, seems like a great resource.....
Here goes....
I have an inground 18X36.... filter is noisy and ugly so I decided to move it
It was literally right next to the pool, and I moved it approx. 50 ft away, mostly downhill.
I have 1 1/2 plumbing, and a 1 hp pump.... I seem to move a good amount of water, but I cannot
run the slide that has a 1" line from the discharge.... no water makes it to the top of the slide...
I will say that my motivation was to get a VS pump, so I am hoping that this will remedy my issue....
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.......

Also, how can I determine the turn over of my pool..... How long it takes to filter all the water....
Thank you in advance.....

I can't help with the slide issue. That's a head loss calculation that's beyond my ability.

As for the pump run time, turnover means nothing. Our recommendation is on a clean pool, experiment with what works. Start with 12 hours. If it stays clean, back it to 10. If it stays clean, back it to 8. If it gets hazy, increase the run time. Trial and error is really the best way to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.