Hello everyone, I am new here and have been using the pool school to "school" myself on all things pool (new home/pool owner). When we purchased our home, we knew that the pool needed pretty decent repairs. The pool is usable but skimmer is not due to cracks in the coping in that spot causing leakage. We recently started having an algae problem due to not existent chlorine levels. We are currently in the process of a 36 hour shock session. We added algaecide and shock treatment, ran pump for 12 hours. Another shock treatment this morning and another 12 hours with pump running. I have one more dose to go but this morning my filter was showing 30psi. Max for my filter is 50 psi (per the manual) but should I shut it all down and backwash or am I OK to finish pool treatment? I have about 16 hours to go. I need the algae gone and chlorine level up but I also need a working filter.